7.7.08

Please call back during business hours...

I've been trying to call my dentist most of the morning. It has mostly been busy, although there have been a few times I've gotten through to the machine, which gives a recorded listing of the office's hours and suggests that I call back during regular business hours.

The hours they list in the message claim they're open while I'm calling.

Doc, I want to give you my business,(Actually, no, I don't, I'd rather that I don't have to see you at all, but since that's not an option and you're the only dentist in a 30 mile radius who takes my insurance...) but you're not making it easy on me.

You'd think they'd try to make the phone call the easiest part of paying someone to do horrible things to your mouth, but I guess not.

I'm sure this isn't deliberate on their part, but it's still less than stellar. I worked at McDonalds, bastion of ridicule as a job for lazy slackers who don't care about giving you service, and we still were required to answer the phone before the third ring.

---
Story of the day, from a coworker:

"Okay, I'm really scatterbrained today, and I'm going to preface that... preface this, with that fact. This morning, I lost my keys, and my shoes, and and the cheese I was making breakfast with. I got the cheese out, then I couldn't find it and I said, okay, I'll eat later. So I went to grab my shoes, and they weren't there, and then I look at my key rack, and no keys.
I'm sitting down, with some coffee and a cigarette, saying "Okay, this is fucking lame" when [Husband] comes up and asks me why there's cheese in the closet.
Keys in the butter dish, shoes in the freezer, cheese in the closet."